Crochet-Kards ?

I saw these Knit-Kards on Annies, and thought it was a good idea. I didn't see any for crochet.

I was thinking having a card with yarn substitions would be nice to carry with you, if you see a pattern book and want to do the pattern but it requires a different yarn then what the stores carrries, you could (most likely) find a good substitution.

The yarn yardages would also be nice.

Anyone see anything like this? Maybe one of the stitch books would have something that would be suitable as a replacement?

Debbi

It says in the description that any fiber arts craft person (including crochet) can use it!

"If you are a fiber arts craft person (knitter, spinner, crocheter), then you will appreciate these nifty little laminated cards. They contain valuable information which makes knitting and other fiber-related craft tasks easier!"

Hope that helps!

I saw that just today too! It looked like it was more geared towards knitting, but that could be my bias lol. :) I usually just look at the symbol on the pattern (although they don't always have it...) that has a ball of yarn with a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 inside it, you know? Then I just look for yarn in the store that has that same number. But then again, I wouldn't know what to do in a store with handmade yarn, or something from another country.... That would be handy...

I wish I were helpful. Oh well.

Let us know if you find anything!

Victoria

I think it's a great idea! Especially if one of the yarn guides were to take on yarns from out dated patterns! Are you up to doing one?

I don't know yet. I was hoping maybe there was something similar. With all the information on the web, it might not be too hard to make up a set though...

Archived