Pencil Rovings

deneen

I bought a pound of pencil roving off of eBay and was told I could use it as is to crochet and full-any comments?

Yes, I have a drop spindle and no, I haven't tried it yet. I want to make a cover for something using the wool and I hoped the thicker roving would work up quickly.

I also paid $12.00 for a pound, is this a good deal. It's Briggs.

Deneen,

I have crocheted and fulled sucessfully my rovings. I have also loosely spun (on a wheel) and crocheted straight from the bobbin to make some really unusual totes. Be sure to post pictures of what you have completed :)

I crocheted two bags with White Buffalo Unspun. It's a little different, yet kinda similar to pencil roving. It worked up well (and quickly with a P hook!) you just have to be careful to not tug on the strand too hard or it will come apart.

I fulled it just like you would anything else that wool, that part worked great.

When I was first learning to spin I spun some of it because I was out of real roving, made a nice yarn ;)

Holly

Deenen, I think you got a good price. If it's similar to white buffalo which I have seen selling for 7.99 for 8 ounces before. I have read that white Buffalo yarns are being discontinued though. Where did you get your rovings as I would be interested in looking at it for my new stash enhancement month (hey I stash busted in May does that mean I can enhance in June????) :hook

I read it was similar to White Buffalo. I can't wait to get it, hopefully by Saturday. Do ya think I got a good price on it?

Deenen, I think you got a good price. If it's similar to white buffalo which I have seen selling for 7.99 for 8 ounces before. I have read that white Buffalo yarns are being discontinued though. Where did you get your rovings as I would be interested in looking at it for my new stash enhancement month (hey I stash busted in May does that mean I can enhance in June????) :hook

I got it off of eBay, of course. The cost was $5.99 for 8 ounces and shipping was about $2.50 for 8 ounces. You also receive a knitted purse pattern which uses 8 ounces of the roving felted. You would have to do a search on Knitwives.

Their website addy is http://www.knitwivesyarnco.com/

The stuff I bought was at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8196038023&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEAFB%3AIT&rd=1

I'm sure you could e-mail them and ask about different colors and ordering. I bought extra (of course) and they sent out an invoice immediately through Paypal.

Archived