What make for my neighbors for a good-bye gift?

We are moving in the next couple weeks and I really want to make something for my neighbors right next door to us.

I hate to admit that I've lived next to my neighbor for 3 and a half years and I haven't gotten to know them that well :blush We've been friendly and all, we don't hang out or really know much about eachother. A few weeks ago I happen to mention to the wife that I'm going to miss my lilac bush that recently got knocked out in a storm and that there are none at our new house and how lucky they were that their lilacs didn't get harmed. Well tonight they came over and brought my a potted baby lilac root!!! :c9 I was so excited and so touched that they did that for me! It is going to be so awesome o watch it grow over the yearsand get big like our old one.

So now, I really would like to make them something to thank them. I don't know much about them and I don't have time to make an afghan or something big. I was thinking some dish clothes and maybe a scarf for the wife? I don't know what to make the husband :think A scarf too? I know it's summer now, but they could use he scarfs the winter right? The are about twice my DH and I's age and I'm just unsure about what to make.

I think I would make something for their kitchen like dishrags, towel toppers, scrubbies, etc. Whatever you have time for. The placemats are a really good idea, because dh can use those as well.

P.S. I found this really neat crochet placemats/picnic setting pattern. Here's the link: www.13sites.com, click on crochet patterns, then click "other stuff(little pink piggie)". There'll you'll see the placemat/picnic setting. The pattern # is 011. Just an idea. :hook

I made this angel in yarn and she is a great size for hanging on a door.

http://members.aol.com/lffunt/angelfly.htm

I hang her full front on rather than as they show it but it is just such a pretty thing to hang on a door. You could work the "gown" in a lilac colour for special meaning. this works up very, very quickly as well.

Archived