More help

evelyn

I have some more questions

I tryed to comment on a blog ,but it said I need a password and a username

Do I use the same one as I use to get in mine or do I make up an other one?

Do I use the same one on all the blogs I want to comment on?

Sorry to keep bugging everyone.

Hi Evelyn,

You use your name and password thats for your blog if you are trying to leave a comment on a blogger site.

Hope that helps!:)

You may have reached a blog that is private and requires a password. Most blogs are public, so you don't have to worry about it. Or--since you don't say whether it's a Blogger blog or on some other site, you might have to be signed in. On some sites, including Blogger, I think, you have various options about access to your blog. You might allow anyone to read it, but only members to comment. I'm always signed in to Blogger and Live Journal, so if it's a members-only blog, I'm in without having to do anything else.

Evelyn, most folks seem to prefer Blogger comments if they use Blogger to host their blog. You would use the same username and password to leave a comment in that blog (it will say Blogger comments when you go to leave a comment, don't worry). Other people such as myself prefer Haloscan comments and you should not have to log in to leave a comment with Haloscan. There are other services which provide comments for blogs too, such as TypeKey and something else which slips my mind at the moment. In each case, when you click on the link that says "leave a comment" it will then tell you what you need to do. Typekey comments are different than Blogger comments, you would need to have an account for those (separate from Blogger) but I don't think too many people are using them right now. :)

When I used my username and password from blogger it worked so I was able to leave a comment. Thanks for all your help

Another question is Can I change my template and still keep what is on my blog?

Or will it all be deleted?

I sure dont want to start over :eek I would never be able to do it again.

You can change your template without losing anything. I don't know what would happen if you have stuff in a sidebar and then pick a template without a side bar. But you probably wouldn't want one without a sidebar, anyway.

You can keep the blog entries themselves, the posts you've made. Last year I found out the hard way that everything on the sidebar disappears, you'd have to enter it again all over. :(

Archived