Beach Bag CAL!

Anyone want to do a beach bag with me? I'm going to make CrochetKitten's free pattern Quahog Beach Bag.

http://www.crochetkitten.com/patterns/purses.html

I have the perfect yarn for it, just need to get the ribbon for the handles and the lining material....

Anyone want to join me to make this bag or a beach bag/tote pattern that you like? Any tote bags are welcome!

Look forward to crocheting with you!:yay

Thanks Carol! This is going to be fun... I have my yarn and am planning on starting mine later this afternoon. I'll be getting the ribbon for the straps and the lining fabric this weekend. Last time I was at Joanns they had some great prices on remnants so I'm going to check there first.

Are you going to use your own pattern? I love the bag in your avatar pic!

Hi Kim and Carol :hi

I'd like to join. I have already finished one beach tote. I used this pattern. I will be making more with this pattern. It is fast and easy. I did alter the strap length though. I made it shorter.

I have started another beach tote but I am going to use it as a purse. I am not using a pattern, I am just making it up as I go.

I am also thinking of using the pattern I posted for a wheelchair tote for my Mom. i would make the strap long enough to go over both handles.

Here is a picture of the tote I finished already:

th_VivsPlaytimeTote-1.jpg

clickable

Hi Kim and Carol :hi

I'd like to join. I have already finished one beach tote. I used this pattern. I will be making more with this pattern. It is fast and easy. I did alter the strap length though. I made it shorter.

I have started another beach tote but I am going to use it as a purse. I am not using a pattern, I am just making it up as I go.

I am also thinking of using the pattern I posted for a wheelchair tote for my Mom. i would make the strap long enough to go over both handles.

Here is a picture of the tote I finished already:

th_VivsPlaytimeTote-1.jpg

clickable

Sounds great Mel, glad you joined. I like the bright colors on your tote. Do you have a link to the tote for your Mom?

Welcome aboard Sunflower Mom, happy to meet you.

Hi Mel! I love that tote! I'm half way thru the Quahog Beach Bag and am loving the pattern. Maybe I'll try your pattern next!

Look Mel, another speedy, :lol. I haven't even started mine, been trying to get these blankets finished so I have room on my desk.

Kim, thank you I am going to tackle the one you are making sometime.

Carol, thank you. There is no link to the pattern for the Tote I made my Mom.. I didn't have time to look for a pattern, so I just went for it. I have actually made 2 for her now in 2 different sizes.

I am going to try to get a pattern written up for it. I'll let you know if and when I do :D

That's funny, Rashidah because I am making the same one for me. I think I am about to run out and get some blue yarn instead of the yarn I got (well, it was 3.97 for 400g/14 oz). Maybe it'll look cute with letters on it (I found out how to do it...) I'll post pics after I am done. :)

Hi all, back from my 2 day hiatus away from crocheting. Celebrated BD with a shopping spree, mostly stuff I really needed, but avoided buying because of price watching. almost all was on clearance or sale, so I was still being thrifty, but making sure I got things I have wanted for a while. Had fun and got to eat lunch out. Will be back with hook in hand tomorrow after I get home from food shopping and post office. Best thing (besides, new kitchen trash can [the kind that opens when you step on a peddle], ink for printer, new keyboard, some things for charity projects) was a memory card and batteries for my camera :yay . It went from only doing 7 pics on high quality to doing 800. No more doing a few pics, uploading to pc, deleting pics and starting over again. Now I will be "have memory card, will travel", :lol.

Love it - I'll go for it. I like the colors. It looks like a beach bag my mother used to have only it was made from straw. I always loved it. I'll get the materials this weekend.

Hi Nancy! Glad you're joining me....I'm using a linen yarn that I got on sale and the bag is turning out really nice.

Hi all, still playing around with the plans for my bag. Don't want to be frogging all the time so I am trying to be as thorough as I can. Will flag you gals when I get to the start line.

So hot and muggy today, humidity and coming storm had me aching all over so I didn't pick up the hook or pencil, and took a long nap. Ordered in Chinese for dinner. I was tired to start with, and then tackled washing trash cans and doing laundry. Shot me down for the day. Just fiddling on the PC.

Hi all, still playing around with the plans for my bag. Don't want to be frogging all the time so I am trying to be as thorough as I can. Will flag you gals when I get to the start line.

So hot and muggy today, humidity and coming storm had me aching all over so I didn't pick up the hook or pencil, and took a long nap. Ordered in Chinese for dinner. I was tired to start with, and then tackled washing trash cans and doing laundry. Shot me down for the day. Just fiddling on the PC.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Do you have a color scheme in mind?

I bought some lining fabric and ribbon for the Quahog Beach Bag....I did all the joining of sides, bottom,etc on Thursday and even though I really dislike doing anything with small pieces, this really worked out nicely. I like working with the rustic yarn. I also find doing linings tedious but I'm determined to have this finished by the middle of the week. The ribbon for the handles is a perfect match so I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Do you have a color scheme in mind?

Tan colored Yarn (Red Heart Craft Yarn) and Deep Blue lining (since it is for DH's chair). Brown Ribbon I think, but it won't be a handle, just decor on the body of the tote. I am trying to work out pockets for sun glasses, pen, wallet, etc. Wanted it on outside but may wind up on top of inside. Also need a method of closure that doesn't require a two handed approach. Think I may make a flap with a weighted button or charm to keep it closed. I should have it all worked out by next week.

Spoke with Selena, and she will be posting it on her site when I am done.:hook

Hello???anyone still in here.

Stopped in to say that I have the front panel almost completed.

Hopefully all my tweeking that is on paper will work out in yarn.

I don't get online on the weekends but I'm still here. Not sure about everyone else! I noticed there are two other bag CAL's going on so maybe everyone's there?

Well I am here for the duration. I am on side panels, are you done yet?

Well I am here for the duration. I am on side panels, are you done yet?

I have the bag all stitched together...it's really cute! I got the ribbon for the handle, I'll stitch that on today and then by Wednesday I hope to have the lining done. LOL, the dreaded lining.....makes me crazy but I'm encouraged by how cute this bag is!

I like the color choice for your husbands bag...tan and navy are one of my favorite color combos. Maybe you could use a magnetic closure for the bag? I might do that for mine.

Archived