Crochet ADD

I'm right there with y'all on the crochet ADD. At the moment I only have one project, but have not been crocheting at all since March, just getting back into it. I went through some personal issues (which turned out favorably), then I was doing some programming and data work on the weekends to meet deadlines at work. That might sound like no fun, but I enjoy playing with data as I do playing with yarn, so I can relate!

I have the same problem. I have 6 drawers full of yarn that I bought because "I want it for that project I want to do.." but then I see other things that catch my eye and I think, oh... I want to do that.... I have 3 3" binders overflowing with patterns I got because I wanted to do them so I saved them or photocopied them. I have 10gigs of patterns on my HD on my computer and THOUSANDS of word files of free patterns I saved..

Want me to count my WIP? I can't... I have too many... I have to keep buying hooks because the ones I have are all with my WIPs... it sucks I know...

My fiancee trys to help me out and encourages me to stick with a project because he'd love to see the finished work.. and I try... but sometimes after working on one for a few hours.. I get tired or my wrists start to pop (its wierd, i have to wear a crochet's wristbrace lol) and I just set it down, relax for a bit... start browsing my HD.. and come across ANOTHEr project i'd like to start..

The best thing I can suggest for Crochet ADD is to have a support in your house that wants to see a finished project.

Show them the WIPs you have and what it's supposed to look like when its done and let them choose what they'd like to see done first and go from there.

That's helped me.

I just might be the poster child for crochet ADD...I can't even count all the WIPs I have around the house. It is so bad that sometimes I forget which hook I used, which size I started, etc. and end up frogging the old WIPs. I also make jewelry and rubber stamp - talk about ADD!

I just might be the poster child for crochet ADD...I can't even count all the WIPs I have around the house. It is so bad that sometimes I forget which hook I used, which size I started, etc. and end up frogging the old WIPs. I also make jewelry and rubber stamp - talk about ADD!

Gretchen ,

I just ran across that the other week. Looking at a dishrag I started and couldn't remember the hook size.. That really makes me mad. So I have decided that whatever the hook size says on the yarn is the size I use that way, if I forget I just look on the yarn.....

:hook

Deb.

Archived