Fingerless gloves

Ok ladies, what gives?

I see an awful lot of patterns and talk of crocheted fingerless gloves- is this the newest trend? Is it a kid's trend? Is the purpose of them just for the looks or do they help keep the hands warm?

Last time I saw these, I was in high school and the clarinetists used them during cold weather parades. Maybe there are a lot of cold clarinetists lately?? :lol

They really do keep the hands warm while allowing you to have the freedom of using your real fingers.

I suffer from Reynaud's syndrome. When my arm gets cold, my hand will get cold, and the blood vessels in my fingers start to constrict, which makes my fingers turn purple.

If I can keep my forearm/wrist warm, then my hand will stay warm and the blood flow in my fingers will not be affected.

The fingerless gloves really work well to help me keep this under control. I love them.

i love these too, except i haven't been able to keep a pair. the ones i really liked, i wasn't able to keep. my MIL claimed them. i want to make a replacement pair. hmm

i can't find the pattern just now. but they are so cute! they pretty much cover just the palm and back of the hand and the wrist, and have a thumb loop i think. hmm, the wrist part is done with eyelash yarn. I remember also on the page is a black and green scarf, with really different fun type chunky yarns. gah, now i want to find the pattern. hmm....oh no! i can't find it now. grr

I use them as part of my everyday fashion.

Unfortunately im not patient enough to make them out of thread so they're nice and lacy looking but i use them as a part of my look :)

Mostly blacks, reds, my first pair was a test pair made out of the mexicana varigrated yarn *ech* i've learned since then haha

Archived