great yarn deal and all in general day!

I have discovered a liking for shopping at the Dollar Tree across from my school. (Completely unrelated side note: I finally graduate cosmetology school on the 23rd this month! Yay!) There I've been getting a lot of the paton's fancy novelty yarn. I would never buy these full price because I just wouldn't know what to use them for and also the small size of the skein, but for $1 compared to the usually 6-7, I figure why the heck not! So what if they sit in my stash for the next year. :lol It's not like I paid a super lot for the yarn. However, the other day when I was looking for flowers for a in-school competition (we placed 3rd! yay again!), I got distracted by the yarn and pick up... well 11 skeins of various fun novelty yarn. Among these were three skeins of Patons Lacette in white whisper. I knew right then, it was destined to make a pretty scarf. It looked like it was made from actually animal fiber. I didn't bother looking at the makeup of it because since it was just $1 each I really didn't care. (turns out that three of them at $1 is half the price of 1 skein. Saved around $20 on just those three so combined with all the others... can you imagine the savings!!!) turns out it's made out of 25% mohair! :D I am so excited!

Now, i just can't figure the right pattern for this yarn! This will be awfully fun to find it!

:cheer:clap We have a dollar mart that has been selling/carrying a lot of these novelty yarns for a dollar!!

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!! Job well done!!!!!!!!!:hug:manyheart

Archived