I have fallen in love...

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your advice...

YarnyGuy: It really is funny how the shape of the hook affects the amount of energy you require to make a single stitch: but I guess it you are doing it hundreds - thousands - of times in a single sitting, it makes a difference. I even notice it when I return to my old hooks for smaller projects. I'm at home with my family right now and I have inherited some chunky wool that's pure torture to crochet but, stuck in the depths of the Irish countryside where the closest thing to a LYS is the flock of sheep in the field down the road, I have no choice...

Gran: I'm looking forward to the Bates hooks, thank you so much for being so generous! I'm really thinking of signing up for the Crochet Olympics to get some serious stash-busting done, so these could come in very handy ...:D

I'm a Susan Bates girl because they are shorter than Boye and they just work better for me, and I love Jimbo's hooks. I just won an "H" and can't wait to get it. That's the size I use the most. I have one of his chophooks too. They're great!

Stitchgirl, I love the chophook too, it's really smooth. I tried to win one of the hooks but I wasn't successful. I'll have to try again. That's funny, you like Bates because their shorter and that's the reason I can't use them.

Wow, Miss Crochet, pure wool, hmmmmmmmmm wonder if you could just have a sheep sit next to you and unravel away:lol:lol:lol. Now that would probably be some real chunky wool. :D

I tried Susan Bates hooks years ago, and threw them in the garbage. They were absolute torture for me. Which was really odd for me, because I've never found crocheting to be less than wonderful for me. The Boye hooks are my friends...and I've been with them for ...hmmmm...35 years. :)

Blessed Be.

Archived