Project Calculator!

brianna

I was thinking about a project calculator the other day, after someone on Ravelry wondered if there was a way they could figure out how much yarn they would need before they got started. I made some image diagrams to explain the math to them, but I also thought, for those of us who don't want to have to do all of the work, every single time, that maybe a project calculator might be a great idea.

Project Calculator: How Much Yarn Will You Need? was born. You just need to crochet a swatch, measure it, know the yardage you used in the swatch, the measurements of the project you want to create, and fill in the blanks.

I've separated it for square or rectangular pieces, whether they're two-pieced like a pillow, or one-pieced like a blanket, as well as a section for garments. I'll eventually get one up for circular pieces, as well as including a downloadable format. For now, though, I hope my project calculator helps you in the future!

I was thinking about a project calculator the other day, after someone on Ravelry wondered if there was a way they could figure out how much yarn they would need before they got started. I made some image diagrams to explain the math to them, but I also thought, for those of us who don't want to have to do all of the work, every single time, that maybe a project calculator might be a great idea.

Project Calculator: How Much Yarn Will You Need? was born. You just need to crochet a swatch, measure it, know the yardage you used in the swatch, the measurements of the project you want to create, and fill in the blanks.

I've separated it for square or rectangular pieces, whether they're two-pieced like a pillow, or one-pieced like a blanket, as well as a section for garments. I'll eventually get one up for circular pieces, as well as including a downloadable format. For now, though, I hope my project calculator helps you in the future!

Thanks brianna, just added the calculator to my favorites:manyheart

Archived