felted purses

marycat

I just finished these today. The red one is a Pike Place Market Bag from the crochetme.com site and the blue one is my version of the Injean-ius bag from the May 2008 issue of Crochet magazine. Hope you like them.feltedpurses003.jpg

I love the felted look but I am not sure how to do it myself. Does anyone know a good website that explains it.

If you go to the crochetme.com site and find the pattern for the pike place market bag it will tell you how to felt. This is the first time I've done it and following both these felted patterns made my first time easy. The only thing I altered was the handles for the red bag. The orginal ones were way too thin for my liking so I redid them and made them wider. I hope this helps you.

Thank so much!

If you go to the crochetme.com site and find the pattern for the pike place market bag it will tell you how to felt. This is the first time I've done it and following both these felted patterns made my first time easy. The only thing I altered was the handles for the red bag. The orginal ones were way too thin for my liking so I redid them and made them wider. I hope this helps you.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived