Need Pattern Help

earthwhisper

Question

Here is the portion of the pattern I need help on:

"LARGE HORNS : (make 2): Starting at end of horn with gray, ch 2; join to form a ring.

Rnd 1: ch 1, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook; 3 sc.

Rnd 2: sc in each sc.

Rnds 3-5: rep rnd 2. "

In case you are wondering I am trying to make a triceratops for Boxes for Brendan.

I have all the other parts of the dinosaur finished, but I cannot figure out the large horns. Please post a picture if you are able to work this up into something that looks like a horn. I will try again in a little bit and if I don't figure it out, then I am going to make my own horns.

6 answers to this question

You would be starting at the tip. Chain 2 and slip stitch to form a ring. Then for round 1: Chain 1 and do 3 sc in second chain from the hook (this will give you a total of 3 sc). Round 2: Sc in each sc (3sc total) and then do it for 3 more rounds (3 sc in each round).

I would do a slip stitch at the end of each round and a chain 1 to start each round.

I will try and work it out for real instead of in my head.

I hope this helped.

Yeah, I can read the pattern, it just isn't looking right. What doesn't look right is when I do 3sc in that second ch from the hook. The 3 sc don't make a "round." If that makes any sense. I am just not getting this. Let me know if you are able to work this up into a tiny horn. Thanks!

I made one of these awhile back. If I remember correctly, the horns looked sort of funny when I first started them, too, but they look just right once they're finished and attached. I don't have a digital camera, or I'd post a pic.

Thank you everyone. I finally figured it out. They do look a little funny I am sure will be fine when I attach them like antara has posted.

Archived