Bamboo Hooks

Ooh I bought two of those at MS&W. I think I might be allergic to them because shortly after I started to use them I developed hard bumps on my right index finger. Not the outside of the finger but the palm side. I have to wear a band-aid on it or I can't crochet at all!:no It hurts like crazy,I also have put antibiotic on it but I still have the wound. If it doesn't get better soon I may just have to bite the bullet and go and see my doctor. :yes

I have 2 bamboo handled hooks, the Susan Bates sizes G and H, and I just ordered the M hook from Herrschners. I really like them. I can't find them in the stores here so I have to order them. This weekend I was looking for a 9mm N hook. The Susan Bates plastic N hook I have I can't stand and it's a 10mm. So, off to the store and I came home with an aluminum Boye N hook which is 9mm. Can't stand that either. It snags on the yarn because the head is so different from the Susan Bates hooks that I'm used to. Hence, I've ordered the Susan Bates M hook which is a 9mm. I didn't realize the N hooks in different brands were actually different sizes until just recently. That could explain some of my problems reaching gauge with the plastic hook I had been using! :crocheting

Archived