my purses turn "fuzz"..whats up

hi fellow crocheters

i have a crocheted tote...i think it was done with two strands of red heart. i love it and have used it all week. but its starting to look real fuzzy...do you all see what with your totes.

caron simply soft fuzzez real bad tooo

they all do, even with afghans. the yarn does not seem to stay shiny and "intact" like cotton does with potholders and such.

cotton yarn does not fuzz like RH and Caron SS.

Dont you agree??

:eekI dont mean to be rude but have you checked you hands for rough bits, especially around your fingernails.

The reason I ask is, many years ago, I had a lady come back to my shop, with a complaint that her cotton yarn was going all fluffy as she knitted it.

I tried a few rows and it came out smooth.

She saw me do it so could actually see that there were a couple of little rough bits on her fingers that the yarn was going over as she knitted, which were causing her problem.

This may not be the case for you but it is an idea to look at.

Maybe you can ask a friend to crochet a couple of rows so you can see if there is a difference.

Maybe another reason could be that you are holding your yarn too tightly as you crochet.

The last thing I will suggest is that you complete the bag and then brush it even more, with a wire brush, then you can pretend that is what you intended in the first place.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived