The secret stash of charity yarn!

I was visiting a friend yesterday who is a Catholic priest. We were working on organizing items for an auction. We used many small items to make large gift baskets. I had the plastic wrap to enclose the baskets but forgot the ribbon to tie it with. I asked the Father if he had anything we could use. A single guy living alone seemed to have no ribbon! Then he lead me to the church office and in a closet was a huge stash of yarn! The Prayer Shawl Ministry's yarn!!! We only used a little and I chose the smallest scraps I could find. It was still for a charity after all! The sight of all that yarn.....:eek Oh My!

:lol :lol :lol I doubt the Shawl Ministry would mind you snarfing a little yarn to tie with. After all, you were there doing charity work too.

I was visiting a friend yesterday who is a Catholic priest. We were working on organizing items for an auction. We used many small items to make large gift baskets. I had the plastic wrap to enclose the baskets but forgot the ribbon to tie it with. I asked the Father if he had anything we could use. A single guy living alone seemed to have no ribbon! Then he lead me to the church office and in a closet was a huge stash of yarn! The Prayer Shawl Ministry's yarn!!! We only used a little and I chose the smallest scraps I could find. It was still for a charity after all! The sight of all that yarn.....:eek Oh My!

I would have had to have gone straight to confession after seeing all that yarn, because racing through my head would have been a zillion evil ideas on how to make it MINE!!! :rofl I can't HELP it! I get mentally irregular when I see a lot of yarn in one place, and my mind starts doing all kinds of strange calculations to work out a way to acquire it! It's a huge fault I have. Hey, I'm only human! :devil

I would have had evil thoughts, too!

I made a run to Wal Mart yesterday morning after my dr.'s appt. and couldn't believe I walked out of there without even LOOKING at the yarn section! If I get near it, I will end up buying more... and I've spent way too much on yarn recently.

I would have had to have gone straight to confession after seeing all that yarn, because racing through my head would have been a zillion evil ideas on how to make it MINE!!!:devil

See at confession! I'm with you! :lol

Can you imagine the confessional? "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.... I have coveted someone else's yarn." :lol But I must say, how great that the prayer shawl ministry has such a big stash. Someone is being generous with their own stash or with their money and that's a wonderful thing.

patty

Archived