April is Month of the Military Child

theworm

April has been designated as the Month of the Military Child.

When a parent is serving their country, their children are serving, too. Over 1 million children currently have at least one parent serving in the military on active duty. These families endure long separations and often are required to move multiple times during their parent's service. This is a time to pay tribute to these kids and recognize the commitment, sacrifice and support they show as they face the special challenges of being a military child.
Operation Marine Corps Kids is trying to send a record number of donations to the new-born babies and children of our service men and women - I hope you'll help.

If you would like to make something for the kids, the donation address is located on the blog through the link above.

Thanks for your support!

This is such a wonderful activity and I am so glad that I could help in a little way. These new Mom's have to go it alone and many are very far away from any family at all. The knowledge that someone out there that she does not even know really cares just might give her a little bit of comfort and maybe some added strength. I hope that everyone will consider sending even one little item. Together we can send warmth, comfort and love to these courageous Women.

Thanks, Marlene!

I just packed up a box of donations that is going out to a base in California. Your beautiful blanket and the hats that you sent are in there!

I'm hoping that we'll receive enough donations this month to send to several other bases and to offer gifts to lots of babies and kids! I can't imagine how hard it is for the little ones who have a deployed parent! This is such a simple way to let them know we care. :hug:

I have just the thing! I won a beautiful baby blanket at our school raffel. Made by one of the other parents. I've been wondering what to do with it. Its WAY too nice to give to the kitties! I hope it won't matter that I didn't make it myself. My dad and brother were Marines.

Archived