What to do with...

Does anyone have any ideas for what to do with lionbrand boucle? I have 2 balls of a blue-green and 2 balls of a orange-red. Thanks in advance!

You could pair it up with some fun fury and make scarves out of it. If you know any teens or pre-teen girls, they might love the scarves. I can't think of MUCH else you could do with two skeins.

Hats are great for it. Use it with a ww so that you can see the stitches. Use a big hook, and have fun. It's a good way to use it up.

And if you personally can't use the hats, donate them to an organization that can. I do that and I have seen hats I know I made bopping around town. Makes me feel good.

:manyheart

i just bought a set of nifty knittiner looms today, can I use it on that?

You could give it a try. It may be harder to see the stitches, because of the texture of the yarn.

Good luck. Let us see how it goes.

:manyheart

Knitting loom sounds good, haven't tried it on this type of yarn. Just once or tiwce on regular yarn.

I like the idea of the hats too.

I did a scarf with this type of yarn. Actually a few. I found some at a dollar store and 2 worked perfect for a scarf. Just DC and a big hook and it works up quickly and nice.

Debbi

I have made lapghans for my local nursing home using the boucle. I did the rectangle granny pattern. I did a few rows with regular RHSS, then a couple of rows with the boucle. It gave the 'ghan nice texture.

Archived