Royale and Cameo - and DMC -cotton thread

crochetfun

I need a reply please from someone who has used those.

I just found them on sale. I have no experience with them but would love to get some if they are good. (I was thinking to use them for summer tops)

Please let me know soon.:) and :ty

You visited Joann Fabrics?? They have them on sale and I purchased some. I have used them before and they are fine, BUT I have not used many other kinds so may not have enough to compare it to

I am fine with it as long as it's not something known to split or stretch badly.

If anyone has info on how these behave when washed, I would really appreciate it.

My local Michaels has it on sale, I think until tomorrow, but I just read the ad.

(Might be too late for it)

I have no experience with Royale or Cameo, but I've used DMC Cebelia for years. It's easy to use and washes up great. My mom, the most persnickety woman on the planet, uses only DMC for her tablecloths, runners and doilies.

DMC has a new product -- new to me, anyway -- called Senso that I can't wait to try, fwiw.

Royale is better than Cameo, if those are your two choices. Cameo tends to split and doesn't have much of a sheen, and tends to always look messy, even after blocking. I also like Baroque(DMC) for certain things that don't need to necessarily have a great sheen (like my snowflakes -- since I do them with a strand of lurex and a strand of thread, Baroque works great).

I like Cebelia (DMC) a lot, and my favorite thread is Opera (Coats), but I don't know if you have local access to either. Michaels seems to carry Baroque and Cebelia in limited colors, and they tend to put it in the embroidery floss/tatting thread section, not with the crochet thread.

I'm partial to Royale for my finer work~~size 20 and 30 thread~~but use South Maid and Aunt Lydia's for my wearables~~size 10 and 3 thread. For doilies and bookmarks, I use Royale size 20 or DMC Baroque size 10.

Thanks Melissa.

This was a major step for me, I am scared of thread, so I did not want to make it extra hard for myself by buying some "problem" thread.:)

Archived