need ur input on a vest please!

i want to make a EASY vest (one that possibly just ties in front) and i want to make it short like so many of the new ones i've seen in stores. i have tried this patternhttp:http://www.crochetandknitting.com/easy.htm, then click on "easy crocheted vest"

mabe, someone has actually made it??????

it's what i like but HONESTLY when i got to the shoulder stuff i went crazy trying to figure it out!!

thanks

I'm going to try this pattern. This is one vest I haven't done.

I'm not sure were you're having problems. I looks like the sizes aren't in paraenthesis, which they usually are. So for the right side if you'r working small you work across 4 spaces, medium 5 spaces, large 6 spaces.

rows 2-5 you work across 3 (4, 5) spaces. Looks like you do that for 5 rows, then on row 6 you leave one space free, to make it one less. Work the pattern up to row 13, and the 14th row you do 1 (2, 3) spaces. 1 for small, 2 for medium, 3 for large.

It looks like that you do the left front the same as the right front. They didn't write out the instructions, so you start on the same side as the front (you could call it the right side--they didn't call it either). Then you just work the same as the right side.

I think it might be easier to start the back before the left front, so you can see where to place your first stitch easier.

Did that help? Or which row are you confused on...

Debbi

Check my blog tomorrow. I should have it done by then. I'm almost done now. It's very easy and quick to make. I'll post a show and tell here on the board, but if you need the how-tos or want the steps I post, then it will be on my blog. I just figure there were other questions on making a vest and this one seemed very easy and since someone asked about it, I thought I'd try something to help others. I started with vests before moving to sweaters with sleeves. I did the easy ones like this.

Debbi

Archived