crochet at a Baseball game

My husband and I were watching an Atlanta Braves and Mets spring practice game on tv, when the camera showed an older lady in the stands working on a beautiful orange and blue afghan. The announcers were commenting on how nice it was and several times during the game they showed her working on it. My husband had recorded the game and couldnt wait to show it to me. I take my crocheting to baseball games also and he gets a big kick out of it.

Barbstitches

I know the Tampa Rays (Tampa Bay Rays? They did a slight name change recently) has knitting/crochet days. I don't think I could bring mine with. I'm too much of a Twins fan and since I get to see them at 1 regular season game a year, I'm too busy watching the game :lol

• 11 months later...

I always take my crocheting with me (plastic hook though, just in case). i take it to baseball games (pro and kid) since they tend to be a little slow at times. It is definitely an ice breaker for conversation. People are always fascinated at people still do "old time" needlecraft. course the young people are so fascinated, i can't tell you how many kids i have taught.

Archived