Baby coordinates sweet stripes for project Linus?

mom2boys

I'm using this yarn in sunny stripes which is bright yellow and white : http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=babycoordinatessweetstripes for preemie's size Project Linus blanket. I also have the candy stripes in Purple and pink too which I may use if this yarn is suitable for preemies. What do you think? Is this yarn soft enough for NICU babies?

Thank you for all your help!:)

I LOVE this yarn! It washes up very soft. I've used it for PL blankets, but I don't usually make premie sized ones. I'd use it if I did though. Very soft, easy to work with and great colors.

I've not actually used this yarn but I have felt it many times both in the skein and made up and it's very soft, well-suited for a preemie blanket. I'm sure your beautiful blankets will be most welcome by the PL folks. Go for it!

Thank you for all your replies ! I'm using this yarn with my favourite pattern from Project Linus Sideways Shell Baby Afghan

(aka: Newbie Shell Afghan) http://www.projectlinus.org/patterns/ssba.html . So far, I'm using this pattern for all my PL blankets, I think 6 so far !:) I hope to find another pretty pattern to use soon !:) Any recommentdations?:)

Also, do I have to do anything else beside washing it in a baby detergent before dropping it off for donation? I have no idea what I have to do after I wash it!:think

Thank you for all your replies!:):manyheart

As far as patterns go, anything that doesn't have a lot of "holes" to it that could get caught on IVs and the like. (I've made a few of a "waffle weave" texture and a couple of solid never-ending squares that use some fp-dc for texture...but anything nice with no holes works.) Also, all sizes are appreciated, but probably a decent demand for premie sizes because not many people make them.

I wash mine in baby detergent and drop them off. I also don't use fabric softener or static sheets in the dryer. They'll affix lables that say project linus on them to the blankets before giving them to the hospitals/shelters/etc.

As far as patterns go, anything that doesn't have a lot of "holes" to it that could get caught on IVs and the like. (I've made a few of a "waffle weave" texture and a couple of solid never-ending squares that use some fp-dc for texture...but anything nice with no holes works.) Also, all sizes are appreciated, but probably a decent demand for premie sizes because not many people make them.

I wash mine in baby detergent and drop them off. I also don't use fabric softener or static sheets in the dryer. They'll affix lables that say project linus on them to the blankets before giving them to the hospitals/shelters/etc.

Thank you for your reply!:) I'll soon have to get my crochet stitch book out for another stitch other than using my shell stitch for the blankets!:)

Archived