What can you make out of an egg?

Easter is fast approaching and once again I've been "volunteered" to come up with an easy craft to keep the young ones busy while Easter dinner is being prepared. I came up with a simple crochet egg with the idea of seeing what everyone can come up with to change it into something else. I've come up with a rocket, mouse, bunny (of course) and car.

march2008103.jpg

I thought it might be fun to see what all you creative people at Crochetville can come up with.

The egg is very simple to make and a great way to use up all those odds and ends you've been saving.

Here's the pattern:

With yarn and H hook ch-4, sl st to form a ring.

RND 1: Ch-1, work 12 sc in ring, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (12 sts)

RND 2: (2 sc next st, sc next 2 sts) around, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (16 sts)

RND 3: (2 sc next st, sc next 3 sts) around, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (20 sts)

RND 4-6: Sc ea st around, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn.

RND 7: (Sc dec next 2 sts tog to make one, sc next 8 sts) twice, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (18 sts)

RND 8: (Sc dec next 2 sts, sc next 7 sts) twice, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (16 sts)

RND 9: (Sc dec next 2 sts, sc next 6 sts) twice, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (14 sts)

RND 10: Sc ea st around, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn.

RND 11: (Sc dec next 2 sts, sc next 5 sts) twice, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (12 sts) Stuff egg.

RND 12: (Sc dec next 2 sts, sc next 4 sts) twice, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (10 sts)

RND 13: Sc next st, (sc dec next 2 sts) 4 times, sc last st, sl st top beg sc, ch-1, turn. (6 sts)

RND 14: (Sc dec next 2 sts) around, sl st top beg sc, fasten off. (3 sts)

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Those are cute!

The yellow one kind of reminds me of a shell to a snail... maybe? Maybe done in back loops.

Put the large part as the top for a hot air balloon.

Not sure what else, I would love to see or hear what others come up with.

Debbi

Archived