The babette....

So i want a Babette blanket, but I don't want to make one. :lol Anyone wanna make one for me?? I have this thing against joining things together. :yuck i don't like doing it. Well that and I don't have the pattern. I have been sitting here debating on whether or not to buy the pattern. my hand keeps hovering over the mouse, hovering over the purchase button. :ohdear

Well it can. After looking at the pattern, but the placement is more or less what I want the pattern for, that and color combo since it has a chart.

I had a question about the pattern aswell, because I basically just thought it was multiples of 4-, 6-, 8- and 12-round squares and I just thought, "Hey, I can do that!" Am I right or is there a bit more to it than I can see from the pictures?

I used MS Word to create little coloured boxes representing each of the sizes and played around with it, till I had my own version of the babette - the crabette :lol

Question: Do you really need the pattern? Can't it be figured out from the pictures that have been posted? I'm curious and would like an answer from someone who has the pattern.

Thanks

It can be made without the pattern - I made one without by looking at the placement of squares in pictures and mapping it out on graphpaper. I also listed out the combinations of colors on a paper so I wouldn't have two squares the same. The pattern would make it easier though :D

Yes, the individual squares are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 rounds. The squares are then assembled into units. And it's the placement of the units that becomes important.

I'm in the process of making one in worsted weight yarn. I like working on it as a break to some of my other projects. I do the "1 unit at a time" method. In other words, I make all the squares for the next unit. I do that because I get bored just making the same size square over and over and over. By working in units, it breaks it up because some squares are 4 rounds, some may be 6 rounds, etc.

Maybe we should turn this into a Babette CAL. Opinions?

I've heard so much talk of the babette... is the pattern only available by purchasing it? I really don't mind sewing squares together... so if I could see what it's supposed to look like, I could probably figure it out. Are there pictures on this site of one?

yes it is only for sale, there are tons of pics on here type in babette into search and you will find tons of patterns. knittingdaily.com also has pics of the babette.

Archived