Sugar & cream colors running ..8 pocket tote question.

Have you even had sugar and cream colors run. I made a dishcoth out of a dark verigated and the first time could of times I used it the water was blue and now the dishcloth looks very dull. I am making the eight pocket tote in black but I wanted to do the pockets in strips of purple, lime, hot pink and bright blue. Maybe I should wash the pieces before I assemble them, plus if you lined it doesn't the sugar and cream shrink? My dish cloths seem to be smaller. I don't want to put all this time into the tote and have it look like crap the first time I need to wash it. Anyone washed theirs yet? How did it turn out??

:) Hi - my experience with the cotton yarns is that it will shrink after washing and drying and the colors will fade. I would choose an acrylic yarn to make your tote.

Debi Y. :hook

I JUST washed my 8 pocket tote last night at work...shhhhhhhhhhh....and I washed it in cold with woolite, and dried it on the lightest heat setting, I have to honestly say if it shrank, it didnt shrink enough for me to notice, it held its shape and colors wonderfully....

just MY experience, by the way, I also linned mine...not that it makes a difernce

I did a sample square of the blak and washed it in dish deterdent, which may have made the dishcoths run, and it was fine. Did not run. I even dried it on a white towel to see if any color came out and it didn't. So guess I'm safe. thanks

Archived