Never had this problem...

buggaboosmommy

Question

I have never had this problem before!! :eek But I bought some wonderful color/textured yarn the other day (four balls of it) and I have no idea what to make with it. For ONCE I want to make something for myself, but I'm clueless. I am so use to making items for gifts or for friends that I don't know what I wanna make!!!

I would love to make the capelet seen here, but I have no pattern. UGH Life sucks sometimes! http://www.rosylittlethings.com/rosy_little_things/pippa_and_paige/capelets.html

Anyway, anyone have any fun, creative ideas on what I can make from this yarn? lol HELP ME!!! :think

Donna

7 answers to this question

Actually, that looks like a really easy pattern to replicate. It's made in a thick yarn, so it should work up pretty fast. It looks to me like:

foundation chain (maybe 48?)

round 1: dc, chain 2 (maybe 24 times?)

round 2: 5 dtr in every other dc, chain 1 between dtr groups

round 3: dtr, chain 3 spaced evenly around (maybe 30 of them?)

round 4: dtr in each chain 3 sp, chain 3

round 5: same as round 4

round 6: 6dtr in every other dtr around.

Or something like that. Those dtr maybe tr - you'd have to play with it. It's really cute!

It's done in a chunky yarn and a big hook, possibly a N, a P or a Q.

Those big sts look like dtrebles to me and there doesn't appear to be any chs between the groups.

:frog

Yes I actually had luck! Well, not with the pattern, since the lady isn't selling it and I can't afford to buy one of her capelets at $43 each. So with tons of encouragement from my Crochetville Gals...I gave it a go and it turned out great! I have posted it in the Show and Tell section awhile ago :) Thanks!

Donna

Where? I didn't see any post in Show and Tell about it. Never mind, I found it.

I'm trying my own with some leftover RHSS and a L hook, we'll see how it turns out.

Pooh on paying $43 for something I can make myself. I probably wouldn't spend that much even for higher end yarn.

:frog

Archived