My first market bag...

I don't have any pictures yet, but I had to shout it from the roof-tops:

I just finished my first market bag! And I've started on the second! I'm making two different types: the one I've finished is a good-ol' dc bag for holding small things (things that would fall out of a mesh bag, such as small makeup items), and a mesh bag for larger grocery items.

It feels so good to be able to make something that not only is good for me but good for the environment! :hook

Hopefully, if I ever get my camera working, I'll show you guys some pictures!

Yay for market bags!

I've been on a regular bag kick lately--and admittedly, it's fun to have something eco-friendly, wildly practical and STILL uber cute. :) I'm doing a whole set for me with black bottoms and pink sides. :lol I did about seven for my Mom out of a whole rainbow of colors!

Can't wait to see yours. :)

I can't wait to see pictures!! I want to start on these too...alas, if you see my posts in the Flannelghan thread...I'm finishing up the last and roughest quarter of my medical transcription diploma, and between that and working full time, well.... :) Soon!! I think they are the neatest things, and I can't wait to not have to worry about where to keep those dadratted plastic bags! LOL

I made a market bag last week to hold my dd's birthday gifts, instead of buying a gift bag. She was really pleased with it.

That's a great idea! *plots for a good color for Matron of Honor's graduation gift* :hook:devil

I can't wait to see pictures!! I want to start on these too...alas, if you see my posts in the Flannelghan thread...I'm finishing up the last and roughest quarter of my medical transcription diploma, and between that and working full time, well.... :) Soon!! I think they are the neatest things, and I can't wait to not have to worry about where to keep those dadratted plastic bags! LOL

I feel ya on the diploma thing. I'm writing a thesis now. Crocheting is the only thing that is keeping me from pulling my hair out by the roots.

Good luck!!!:hug

Archived