Dish Rags

DavaJ

Does any one make dish rags out of thread?

If so what type of thread do you use???

And what Ply ?

thanks so much

Deb.:hook

hi, i have never actually used crochet "thread" for dishrags. i have used thread for double-sided potholders though.

i use the heavy cotton yarn for dish rags....sugar& cream, etc types.

put i don't make make dishrags very big.not even six by six...i and my friends like just a little bit of a dish rag. i made a couple yrs ago big like 6by6 or 8 by 8 and thought they were toooo heavy for washing dishes.

anyway thought i would at least try to give you my take on dishrags. :think

judy

I have used double stands of size 10 thread for discloths and they came out nicely. Like a previous poster, I don't like dishcloths that are very big, just large enough to do the job.

I have made dishcloths out of thread, more because I had junky thread that wasn't much use otherwise than because I really wanted to, but it works. You can hold a couple of strands together if you want to (I was using 3 strands of size 30).

Here's a great pattern you can use with any size thread and an appropriate hook:

http://cityofcrochet.blogspot.com/2006/10/crazy-cloth.html

In her example, she's using size 3 thread--two strands of size 10 would probably be about the same.

Krakovianka,

thanks for that link & the suggestion of using double strands of #10. i have some OLD

stiff (i think it is) south maid thread. it doesnt work up very well for doilies. was gonna

take to goodwill or freecycle. now, think i will try some dishrags with double strands.

boy, i LOVE this place..(the ville) some many great people & ideas.LOL.

judy

Archived