Where did Uncommon Threads go??

I'm a pretty religious watcher of DIY's Uncommon Threads- well, except for the few times they're doing something that I'm not interested in... but I've noticed that the last few days (today, and the last few of last week at least) it hasn't been on. I checked DIY's website and they have no listing for upcoming shows... :think

What happened? Anyone have the "inside scoop"?

I'm guessing not since it's not really a written show. Besides they could just air repeats like they do with most of the other shows.

My guess is they just took it off the rotation. Both DIY and HGTV have done that. They aired Jewelry Making, took it off, brought repeats back, and now it's back off I believe.

:think

They've taken UC off the air, and have moved all of the fabric/fiber crafts to REAAAAALLLLY early morning (around 4am-6am). They've replaced that time slot with "Today Show Tips", "Martha Stewart", "Carol Duvall", and "Crafters Coast to Coast".

I was super mad when I found that out! :irk I don't knit very often, but I even watched Knitty Gritty for the scoop on new yarns.

:sigh

I e-mailed the DIY Network about this a week ago and here is their reply to me:

The program, Uncommon Threads, is currently on hiatus and not scheduled to air at this time. You may contact us toward the end of February and we would be happy to check on the status of this show.

Best regards,

Scripps Networks Customer Service

I'd hate to hear that they have taken the show off the air:no. There isn't any other Crochet show on TV. I'm happy to be getting Knit & Crochet today starting tommorrow (on the Createe channel) but I love Uncommon Threads also!:crocheting

Ooo I am so glad I recorded all the Uncommon Thread shows that had crocheting topics. They used to come on HGTV at around 6:00 am on Thursdays or Fridays same with Knitty Gritty and on DIY they used to come on at 12:30pm but, now I can't found them at all so I have been throwing my tapes in and watching those just to get a little bit more inspired.

Also been watching Shay forgot her last name but, she comes on PBS and she talks about crocheting alot so that is good I found that just by flicking though the channels.

Uncommon Thread needs to come back or at least a new Crochet show or something dang wish they will give crocheters something shoot I will host it lol. :)

Archived