Livie Legs

theworm

My niece asked me if I could make some crocheted BabyLegs for her daughter, and even though they're rather simple, I'm really proud of this pattern.

I think they came out cute, and my niece and great-niece are happy with them.

P1120557.JPG

More pictures and the pattern can be found on my blog.

Wormie they look interesting. I have never heard of them, what do you do with them? ( sorry if this is a dopey question)

Wormie they look interesting. I have never heard of them, what do you do with them? ( sorry if this is a dopey question)

I believe they are more commonly known as leg warmers. You wear them on the lower parts of your legs. Kind of like socks, but on the outsides of your pants. :lol

Yes, if you look at the Babylegs site you'll see they are basically baby/toddler leg warmers. When my niece told me about them, I thought that was sooooo odd, but then I saw pictures of Livie in hers and read all the hub-bub on the web. New mom's love them because they keep babies legs warm and covered. Baby can just wear a onsie and have these instead of pants or tights - much easier for diaper changes.

Also when baby starts crawling, they help protect their legs and knees from hard floors and rug burns.

I've read that mom's love them alone or under skirts of pants. One mom said that when she carries her son in the snuggly, his pants hike way up to his knees, but that babylegs keep his legs covered and warm.

My niece loves them and asked me to try, so I made this pattern for Livie. I also sewed a few pairs using an online tutorial - they cost almost nothing and took a few minutes to make. You can see them on my blog too. They were a lot faster, and they're cute, but when you're a hooker, you sort of need to crochet them - even if it takes longer. :lol

Archived