Where to donate baby hats

AmyOH

Best way to find a place near you is to go to www.carewear.org and type in your state, you'll get a list of hospitals in your area that need the hat donations...if you can't find one there drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help you find one!

hugs

Ro

There is a non-profit yarn store in Los Angeles called STITCHES FROM THE HEART, and they donate baby hats and blankets to neo natal hospital wards all across the country. They are famous for this they have been open for a year but have been donating to hospitals for many years.

Their address i:

STITCHES FROM THE HEART

3306 Pico Blvd.

Santa Monica, CA 90405

They also have a website or email stitchfromheart@aol.com

http://www.Newbornsinneed.org- They help preemies and newborns in crisis for whatever reason- be it health crisis, prematurity (too small for regular clothing), financial crisis, abuse/foster care etc... burnouts, you name it....

They are a 501 c 3 organization, approved by the IRS- If they don't have a chapter in your area please consider sending to Home office- Home office covers requests from any area that does not have a chapter nearby.

Any hospital, near you, or special ones dealing with babies, shelters, etc. I crochet with a group each week doing just this, hats and blankets for our local hospital, they really appreicate it. This does really surprise me, cause they do not sterilize them before giving to babies, and of course all of us are full of germs all the time. I love to crochet and give away, but frankly if I had a new baby, I would not want someone elses just made stuff on them until I washed it. Make sense?

Any hospital, near you, or special ones dealing with babies, shelters, etc. I crochet with a group each week doing just this, hats and blankets for our local hospital, they really appreicate it. This does really surprise me, cause they do not sterilize them before giving to babies, and of course all of us are full of germs all the time. I love to crochet and give away, but frankly if I had a new baby, I would not want someone elses just made stuff on them until I washed it. Make sense?

I totally agree with you. I started donating to our local hospital, and that was one of the first questions I asked them. They do sterilize them here before they go to the babies.

Yes, especially when you figure that historically, blankets have carried lots of diseases--typhoid from Pilgrims to Native Americans, etc.

Archived