What do I do with Sensations Sophisticates

I was given a skein of Joanns Sensations Sophisticates Marvel by a friend who couldn't figure out jow to use it. It's a strange yarn, with very thick and then very thin sections. Any ideas on what/how to use this?

How exciting! I think that's wool! Make a handbag or change purse and felt it! I works up pretty quickly and easily too. I really enjoyed working with it.

Just in case you :knit I have found that it is easier to knit with that kind of yarn because the stitches are more visible on the needle.

It looks like a very nice yarn though... it would make wonderful scarves and hats.

Yes - I did forget to mention it is wool. But with the really tight, and then really loose sections I didn't know what might happen to it when felted. I was thinking about combining it with another yarn to give it a more consistent feel.

I just had an idea - maybe a flower of some kind? It's red - and could make some interesting petals. I have some bits in other colors to make leaves. Dang - wish I was at home so I could try it out!

When you crochet and then felt it, it turns into a wonderful chunky, nubby fabric. I'm looking at the peachy, salmony colored one I did. It's double crochet and the chunky nubs are consistent throughout. I was surprised. I didn't know what to expect. I used a K hook, which was much easier than the smaller hook I started with.

I have the black gray and white skeins I'm gonna use next.

The more I think about it, I think a scarf or a hat would be a good idea too. Even after felting the fabric is still pretty soft and pliable.

Go for it girl! If I can be of any help, just let me know!

Archived