My New Use For Doilies

Here is a link to the photo that I referenced back in post # 16

http://blog.freepeople.com/doilie.JPG

How Cool is THAT??!!??:clap

Wow. I don't know if I'm that brave to decorate like that, but I love seeing that! Thanks for sharing! I was thinking just white doilies done very danty or something. :lol

In a Crochet Today magazine (can't remember which one) there was one doily pattern, done in different size hooks (3) and different shades of thread. Then sewen onto a demin skirt just wherever you wanted to.

I also saw a crochet edging on a skirt and thought that was a cute idea.

Oh Back to the original post:

I've saw lamp shades you crochet out of thread. You just put them over the lamp.

Here's a pattern for one: Victorian Lamp Shade Cover

And I'm sure there are others.

Debbi

I rescued a bag of small doilies that someone was going to throw away after a yard sale, took them home, tea dyed the stained ones, and put them on a solid colored tote bag that I had made. It was beautiful! You could also put a small one on jeans, or a plain sweatshirt, the possibilities are endless!

I just saw in esty a bag with a doily on the bottom (or at least that's what it looked like to me). Looks like it's just an evening type bag.

Also saw a japanese pattern book that had a pineapple motif for the bag (sort of like the top in the Jan/Feb 08 issue of Crochet Today magazine).

Archived