Oh Frog!!

Darnit!

Here I was all proud of myself for having completed 4 rows of a mesh market bag I've been procrastinating on. This needs to be done before Christmas and I finally got back to work on it today. The 4 rows went along swimmingly until... I realized that this time I was using a hook that was one size larger! :oops Grrrrr. At first I thought "no one will notice", but then I realized that I would! And besides, we must have pride in our handiwork, right? So I frogged the bugger and have to start those rows all over again. :irk

Looks like my next project is making those lettered stitch markers so I can remember which hook I used!

Glad you feel better for frogging it. If it was going to bother you then you did exactly the right thing. I do just about everything with a 1-size bigger hook since I crochet so tight, so I too have the problem with remembering what size hook I was using on a project. What stitch markers are you going to make? I think I need to make some of those too, but have no idea how. Thanks!

Sara

Sara,

Everkutz gave me the idea in this thread:

http://crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67530

Basically, get a bag of coilless safety pins and a bag of letered beads. String the lettered bead on the safety pin and attach to your work. Of course you can go much much fancier. And being a crafter, I'm sure the urge to embellish will strike! :lol

She posted a pic of her handmade stitchmarkers that are simple but elegant.:yes

Hope this helps!

I can understand your frustrations ....

I been frogging quite a bit lately myself.

Just started crocheting again Nov this year. Did a big granny sqaure

poncho and completed it for my first project. Did a bit frogging on

a few squares, but nothing major.

So now I decided to learn a few new patterns.

Trying to make some hats for my grandkids. I have done more froggging

than anything else. Still don't have any completed yet.

And I too hate to see a mistake in my work.....I frog right back to it,

and fix it. I think my middle name is frog :)

Don't feel bad. I'm making an afghan for my boss for Christmas, and I wanted to do something really special for him. About two years ago I started an afghan called the Kaleidoscope, which is made up of 72 hexagonal motifs, but I didn't finish it and the motifs that I had made got packed up in a box and I lost track of them. It's one of the prettiest motif afghans I've ever seen, and I started making the motifs for my boss's afghan last week. On Wednesday of last week, DH came out from the bedroom holding the partially done afghan that I had started way back when. He asked me, "is this anything you can use?" I was SO excited, because YES it was EXACTLY what I was doing, and I had already crocheted 10 motifs and now here he was with another 25, already finished! I was elated because here my motifs were almost halfway done and I had just started! Then I looked and saw that when I did those, I had used a smaller hook, and here I was sitting crocheting with an J hook! OH NOES!!!! So now there were 10 motifs I couldn't use! I tried a H hook, and lo and behold, the motifs were STILL too large! Then I made one with a G and that was the size I needed. So I have wasted four, almost 5 days now (I was sick all weekend and today as well) and am back to having 30 motifs done. I know I'll finish it in time (well, not if I keep stopping crocheting to post! :lol), but I could have been SO much further along! You are not alone in your frustration! :hug

Elle

i don't think i've ever made anything without having to frog about a million times!!! :hook

it's usually when you're trying to squeeze in a few rows in a spare 5 minutes - i've realised there's no point cos it'll more than likely be frogged!! :blush

Archived