Fanning Flower Bag pattern

brianna

fanning_flower_bag.jpg

This particular piece is crocheted in a size 5, Chunky, weight yarn. The recommended yarn is slightly fuzzy, though still lending good stitch detail, but any size 5, as long as you can make gauge, will work.

Rated at the intermediate-advanced skill level, this pattern calls for tunisian knit and purl stitches, as well as increasing and decreasing shaping. There are 5 pieces total (2 body panels, 2 side panels, and one bottom panel) that are assembled together with a corded edging for a beautiful finishing touch.

Though tunisian lends a lovely density to the panels, there are suggestions for lining with both fabric and a stabilizer of some sort (plastic canvas or similar).

I realize that this release comes close to the end of the year, where fall/winter holidays are looming ahead. While I feel strongly that this pattern, if all materials are available, can be completed in 6-10 hours, or on and off throughout a weekend, I feel certain that an alternative will work just as well. That alternative? You can print out the first page of the PDF in high-quality, and present that to the recipient as a sign of what’s to come to them as soon as the bag is complete. Fancy it up in a garment box and colorful tissue, tie it off with a bow from a strand of the yarn(s) you’ll be using, and you’re set!

I sincerely hope you enjoy this pattern, and project, as much as I enjoyed designing, crocheting, and writing it up. From me to you…

Happy Holidays!

Thanks!

I love that tunisian has that effect, but the similarity completely stops at looks. It's really a whole other creature, and I think that's what I love about it. :D

Archived