Looking for "Aztec Sun" afghan pattern

Katie G

Question

Hello everyone!

I am searching for the afghan pattern "Aztec Sun"..I saw it online a few weeks ago and thought I had bookmarked it but cannot find it now. I would like to purchase the book that it is in...I think it is "Leisure Arts 40 Best Ripple Patterns" but am not sure. It is the pattern that is done in bright primary colors, a round ripple that goes from 12 to 24 points, if I am remembering correctly.

I ordered a small booklet "First Choice Ripple Afghans" and it arrived to day but the Aztec Sun pattern they have is in yellow and red..it is not the one I had in mind...Glad I only paid a few dollars for it.

So if anybody has the "Leisure Arts 40 Best Ripple Patterns" book, would you mind looking in it to see if the Aztec Sun pattern is the one in several different colors, rather than just red & yellow, I would greatly appreciate it. I can order the book online, but do not want to if it isn't the right pattern.

Thank you all for looking. Crochetvillagers are the best. :hook

Katie

5 answers to this question

Hi Katie,

I have the LA "40 FAVORITE (not best) Ripple Afghans" book and it has one in there called Aztec Sun.

The colors are Red, yellow and Orange. I can't count the number of points it ends up with.. but looks like the begining is either 8 or 9.

The cheapest place I found to buy this book was at ecampus.com (go figger, guess some college student was trying to raise funds).

Hope this helps.

Thank you ladies for your help, I guess I do have the correct pattern, after all...it just looks so different done in reds & yellow, that I didn't recognize it.

Debbie, thank you, thank you, thank you...that is the exact blog and picture I was looking for...I had bookmarked it but forgotten to note why (?)..too hard to explain, I have a rather unique and possibly useless method of filing things on my puter. :confused I have saved it again, this time noting why. I think it looks so much nicer done in the multi colors, and also she explains in detail how she made the afghan...I wanted the pattern because it explains how to add the extra points to the RR. Hopefully I will be able to start on this after Christmas. I bought all of the Caron SS bright colors today at Walmart (Merry Christmas to me :santa) and plan on starting on this as soon as finish everything I am working on for Christmas.

Katie

Archived