Slippers

Hi Ladies

I read some where that there was something that you could put on the botton ofcrochet bed room slippers to keep them from from being slippery can someone please tell me the name of it

My Leisure Arts Cozy Crocheted Slippers leaflet suggested dimensional fabric paint. I used some Tulip brand on the pair I crocheted for DD's Christmas present. Don't know if it will truly mimize the slipperiness, since I selected a small bottle of their Gellies which feels pretty smooth. Thought you'd like to know that although the instructions say to launder the garment to which the paint will be applied - I didn't need to launder the slippers first. The paint sticks very well to yarn. I''ve bought a bottle of their Matte paint to use next time...think that will feel less slippery.

Beverly

BTW, you can find this kind of paint at Michael's in the aisle where they have stuff to decorate t-shirts with. Mine cost $1.49 minus their 40% coupon and was enough to use on at least one pair of slippers. I still have some left for another project.

I have used both the puff paint and the silicone. If you want to wash them easily I reccoment the puff paint. The silicone really isint good for the washer. You can take a hose to them but it is so much eisier to just use the puff paint and you can easily replace the paint as it wears off.

Archived