Idea's and suggestions needed asap, mini tree for silent alz auction

Okay, my work place, an assisted living facility, Sunset Park Place , you can visit our web site at www.Sunsetparkplace.com , we have an alzhiemers locked unit, which most of you who know me, know that is where I work, in the unit, WeLand Gardens. Well today I was begged, not asked..lol to decorate a fake mini tree that they provided for a silent auction, that all the monies will go to the alzheimers assoc. Okay, not a problem I LOVE to help,

so I have about 12 snowflakes made up, that need stiffening, I was thinking of adding glitter to them when stiffening, and I DO have on hand a MINI set of clear lights that are battey run, now my finances are between nill and none, okay, BUT I do have thread!! So what I WANT advice on is, I am going to use the snowflakes, I was thinking of crocheting an Angel for the top, I want my theamed tree to be all homeade, nostalgic, as the rest are, well shall we say, made of purchased mini ornies, NOT that there is anythign wrong with that. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do you think an Angel crocheted, of course ,would look good on top of the tree with the snowflakes for the ornies, AND I was THINKING, I have some both gold colored AND Christmas varigated thread, so I was thinking, COULD I make mini garland out of either one, and which one would YOU use, and HOW would you go about making the garland? Any other idea's???? I NEED to have this done by monday and work all weekend, so I need advice ASAP.....

Thank you all!!

Love and Hugs

JoAnn

Snowflakes, white lights and an angel sound beautiful. The garland of gold would add the perfect finishing touch, in my opinion. Maybe a small lacey ruffle type garland? or else fairly large chains of the multicolor to look like the paper garlands kids make?

Thank you Kathy, I found this pattern through the none other than our WONDERFUL CPC

http://www.crochetnmore.com/minigarland.htm looks easy and fast....

Getting the angle started now, I have mande MANY of them over the years, so I know I can have her done by the time I have to go to work tommorow afternoon!

Sounds like you're about ready to go, then! We'd love to see a picture of your finished tree, and I bet it will be very popular at the auction. I think the all white and gold tree sounds lovely, but if you wanted to add color, you could use your Christmas variegated thread to make little puffs or pompoms. A tiny gold cross or two could also be lovely.

Thank you all, I WILL take a picture, I have started the Angel, and will have her finished tonight I am certain, and I am going with the gold garland, thanks MaryJo, I think one roll of the gold size 10 will work, the tree isnt too big...your so sweet! I will for rea take a picture of it, I am excited for it. thanks for all your input!

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

Archived