it seems I'm becoming a teacher

Another lady in our office has asked me to teach her how to crochet, and give her a refresher course in knitting. Monday we begin. Her ambition is to make a granny square coverlet for her bed. I figure after showing her chaining, sc, hdc and dc, I'll show her crocheting into the ring and granny square and, if she "gets it", she's off to the races! This is now my 5th "student". The one lady I taught to knit also asked about crocheting--and I showed her this Monday and Tuesday, and she is right in on a baby blanket project--she is expecting a boy in the new year. She is so excited to have started something for her baby straightaway, rather than the knitting which was taking her some serious practice. Her baby blanket is simple enough...all double crochet, but in varigated color so it has some pizazz to it. The more people see other people learning it seems the more they are asking me to show them how. Feels like I'm spreading the word!!!! :hook

Good for you!! It is so wonderful to get the word out. I have offered to teach so many people, and rarely does anyone take me up on it. I wish they would, I love to share. But then again, my friends and co-workers are my best customers, and then how would I pay for all that new yarn that I need?

Archived