Crochet Pattern Software

Hello all,

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, hopefully this board will work. I'm looking for some crochet pattern software - software that I can use to design crochet patterns, particularly children's sweaters, etc. I've searched online, and have only found software for designing knit patterns. I'm not sure if anything comparable exists for crochet. I'm not looking for software to convert photos to crochet patterns, just software to make clothing patterns. Could anyone recommend any such software?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Laura in Cleveland, OH

There is a program called knitware that allows you to put your measurements in and it generates a custom pattern. You can use this program for knitting or crochet. Yahoo has a group too for knitware users.

I have knitware and I love it. :manyheart I have made 4 sweaters and 2 baby items and they came out great. It is such fun to play with. I've already designed more patterns than I can probably do. :lol You can use different stitches than just sc, dc, etc.

It does require you to be a reasonably experienced crocheter. You have to know how to increase and decrease. The program does not give you detailed instruction on every little thing. You can download a demo version that lets you give it a good trial. The custom sizes option is disabled in the demo. Also, you can print your pattern but not save it. Have fun.:hook

Archived