Lion Brand Stress Relief gloves

Has anyone tried these? I just bought a pair at AC Moore because I have been having some hand pain. Some days because of my work schedule- I do not crochet at all, but on other days I can go a few hours at a time. Since the change in weather, my hands are getting colder too.

I used the size chart on the back on the package and I came out to a size small. Well I have not been a small anything since I was a kid, so I sized up to the meduim. They feel really snug. For any of you that have them, are they supposed to be real tight?:think

Thanks

I have a couple pairs of Handeze gloves and LOVE them! They should be a bit snug, but not tight. You might want to recheck the measurement and possibly try the next size if they feel too tight. I have tried other brands of these type gloves, but prefer Handeze brand (the fabric is more comfortable)--a bit expensive-but you can find them on Ebay--and worth it! I use them for crocheting, knitting, and my medical transcription.

Also, if the seams on the gloves bother you, try turning the gloves inside out and then the gloves are smooth inside.

I have Handeze also, and like them. I bought a another brand at Wal-Mart, but can't for the life of me remember the brand, because they also had a velcro wrist support which I cut off, and the label was attached to that portion. I actually like them better than the Handeze for one reason: the seam on the Handeze bothers me after a while, but the seam on the other gloves is not on the inside and doesn't bother me at all. Isotoner also makes a very nice (and expensive) stress glove with the seams on the outside.

The gloves should fit snugly, but not so tight that your fingers swell.

I'm so glad to read I'm not the only one to turn the Handeze gloves inside out. I found the seams really bothered me but the gloves themselves are wonderful. I bought mine on ebay.

Thanks for the replies. I kept the gloves on for a while last night and tried crocheting with them, but still thought they seemed too snug.

I exchanged them this morning for a size large. I just opened them and these were so snug I could bearly get them over my hand. Well, turned them inside out and the tag inside is sized small. :think

I'm just going to get my money back and check out the handeze since you all seem to like them. Thanks everyone.:)

I think it is about the resistance in plastic or aluminum that is not there in the wood. The wood is easier on fingers therefore.

I have problems with my feet and legs and believe it or not concrete has more "give" to it than the terrazzo floors in most malls. I can walk for an hour on concrete but I only last 20 minutes in a mall. I think it is the same effect.

Now I find that the crystallite hooks are easier for me. I don't use wood because it does slow you down more and I am not that fast to begin with.

I think it is about the resistance in plastic or aluminum that is not there in the wood. The wood is easier on fingers therefore.

I have problems with my feet and legs and believe it or not concrete has more "give" to it than the terrazzo floors in most malls. I can walk for an hour on concrete but I only last 20 minutes in a mall. I think it is the same effect.

Now I find that the crystallite hooks are easier for me. I don't use wood because it does slow you down more and I am not that fast to begin with.

I learned something new today! I'm slower than a lot of people, too - so I'll stick with my aluminum for now!

Thanks Darski! :)

In addition to the resistance factor, wooden hooks get warmer in your hand. I get moderate to severe tendinitis (mine is medically called Dequervain's syndrome affecting the wrist tendon to the thumb) & I always wear support gloves when crocheting. I use wooden hooks or clover soft touch but lately clover has been easier on my thumb & wrist.

I agree with the glove fit being snug but not tight enough that your hand is squeezed or swells. I usually just use Walmart gloves (2/$8). I go through them pretty quickly because of daily wear & tear, so I like getting them inexpensively. When my tendinitis flares up I also use a captured thumb splint at night.

Archived