Help need non-thread ornament pattern

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here it goes. I have a Christmas ornament exchange in Dec. to go to and would like to make an ornament but the only ones I can find are made with thread and thread and I don't realy get along:). So if anyone has any ideas please let me know either by PM or e-mail.Thank -you ahead of time.

Just because it it made of thread does not mean you can't use yarn to make it:)! My local ACMoore had a bunch of 'thread ornament' patterns at their last knitting event which the women had done in yarn instead. If you REALLY like the look of it in thread, why not try a baby, fingering, or lace weight yarn? Even dk weight won't make it too bulky.

If you really like a pattern, make in with regular old yarn:D.

Thank-you all for your sugestions. I never had the courage to substitute different yarns for what the pattern called for. As soon as Thanksgivig is over and my grandchildren (ages 4 and 17 months) I'll give most of them a try. They are tiny so I thought I'd make about 6 of them for the ornament exchange. Does that sound about right? I don't want the women to think I'm cheap. This is a unit spouses group so if you think I should make more let me know. I think the price rang is under $5.00 I'm not sure.Agin thankyou for your assistance.Joan

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did make several ornaments as the price range was less than $10.00. I made 12 icicles, 12 snowflakes, 1 snowman,1 gingerbread man and my first completed thread angle.:) I wish I knew how to put images up on this forum,:blushso you could see them. I guess I'll have to have my DH show me again,or just have him do it. :devil Joan

Archived