Which Stitch Dictionary to Get?

PoetryinYarn

I also like the Crochet Stitch Bible. It is very easy to use and has a lot of great info.

My favorite is the two volume Harmony Guides. I just bought these a couple months ago and love them. they have been out for a while, and Interweave Press is re-doing them, looks like they will be out next April. You can see the covers of both the old versions and the new ones on Amazon. While I love the stitches in the old version, it is not the easiest thing to look up a specific stitch in quickly. Hopefully the new versions will be better organized....I may just have to buy those too!

I like to get books from the library first if I can, before buying them, to be sure I like them enough to invest in.

Check out Crochet Inspiration by Sasha Kagan at the library, if you can, and see if you like it. It doesn't have as many stitches as other stitch dictionaries but it is gorgeous and so useful.

I also want the perpetual calendar that knithappens mentioned. Amazon has it Ithink (365 crochet stitches, I think).

As to which is the best, it depends what you like. I also have Donna Koolers Encyclopedia of crochet, and it has a good variety of stitches, and some patterns. And other stuff. I also have the crochet st bible and like it. I also just got 280 crochet shell stitches and like that...

my answer?

Get them ALL! :rofl:laughroll

Archived