Classic Pooh Blanket

Sue89

Question

My niece is expecting a baby in early June, and after looking at her registry today I realize that she is going with a Winnie-the-Pooh theme (the classic version, not the Disney version). I'd like to make her a blanket, and originally planned on making the round ripple, but now I'd like to see if i can find a pattern for a classic Pooh blanket. It doesn't have to be a free pattern, but does anyone know if there are patterns available, either online or in the stores for classic Pooh?

8 answers to this question

Thank you both.

Hmm. I may be biting off more than I can chew. I've never done one of these graph blankets before, and I'm not sure if I'll be any good at it. I did find one pattern book being sold called "Cuddly Pooh Afghans for the Nursery" which is just a collection of baby blankets done in colors that coordinate with a Pooh nursery rather than actually working the characters into the design. Maybe this is a safer idea?

I have a cute bear square pattern done in single crochet that looks like a classic pooh bear. It is just a torn out page from a really old magazine...so I could scanned it and send you a copy. There is no indication what magazine, but it is at least 20 years old anyway. Let me know please. You could crochet the square and do the rest in whatever pattern you chose.

I just found lots of graphs, but for regular Pooh. Just eliminate the red jacket and change the shade of brown for classic Pooh. Go to this link...

http://www.breienmetplezier.nl/index2.htm

Click "English" and then click to see "knittingpatterns." You'll get a whole list of graph categories down the left side of the page. Click on the "NEW DISNEY" and you'll see several of them.

Archived