Doily scarves??

My boss had on one of these yesterday...Soooo pretty! She said she got it at the store, "Anthropoligie"...its a trendy store in the mall these days..love their stuff, tho pricey! Anyway...her scarf was like little oval-shaped doilies or motifs...hooked together at the ends, making one long scarf, with little colored rhinestones/gems glued (?) here and there. Gorgeous!! The colors were pretty...lavenders, pinks,mauves,etc.

I checked the Anthropologie website...look under "accessories" and you'll see some. Also their wraps/capelets are beautiful too. More inspiration, more stuff to make!

Just wondering if anyone knows of a pattern for these motif scarves??

Carol

Oooh, that's gorgeous! The one my boss had is different tho...its more like tiny oval doilies/coasters with narrow ends on each motif. The "ends" are then stitched together..or crocheted...almost looked like with just one or two stitches. So you have a definite "chain" effect". I'll have to go to Anthropologie in person and see what else they have like this........

carol

We don't have those fancy stores in my town :lol

I don't know the pattern but it looks to me like its a couple sets of two big pineapples connected at the bases lined with a fishnet-type stitch with doily motifs at the ends and around the pineapples.

That is a pretty scarf though! I might have to try to free-form it.

http://www.plymouthyarn.com/index.php?nav=cPatterns.patternGallery&pattern_id=000951&yarn_id=000027

I saw this ad in one of the crochet magazines the other day. I don't know where to get Plymouth patterns but I thought the picmight just be inspiration enough for those of you who like this look. It's very pretty.

Archived