HELP!! Weight of Lion Brand Chenille?

NancyCA

Okay...I got a cone of black chenille yarn from Ebay (great price!). Now here's my delimma. It is REALLY thin. The pattern I wanted to use this for says to use Lion brand Lion Chenille. I've never seen Lion Chenille to know the weight of it.

Can someone help me out? I need to know if this yarn is right, and if it's too small, I can just roll into a couple of balls and do 2 strands.

Hugs and thank you!!!:cheer

Hi Nancy,

I have a skein of black LB Chenille Thick & Quick in front of me and it's pretty thick. It says to use a size P crochet hook. That's pretty big. The gauge for crochet is 6 sc + 6.5 rows = 4" on a size P hook. That's about all I can tell you about it. You can go to the LionBrand web site and get correct info. http://www.lionbrand.com and click on the yarn icon to the left. Find the yarn you are looking for and it'll give you all the info you need. Hope this helps some.

Thank you!!! I need so much of it that I'd go broke trying to purchase it. I'm doing a shawl for my Mom for Christmas and it calls for 10 skeins. Maybe I'll have to save up to be able to get the correct yarn. Hmm.....:think

Guess what??? The 10 skeins is for 84 yards per skein. The ones on the lion brand site are 174 yards per skein!!! I would only need 5 of them! :cheer:clap:cheer I can do that!!!

Yipppeee! Thanks for steering me to the LB site!!:manyheart

Well, I came up against another problem...they don't carry white! :angry So, I need to either find something else that will work, or find another pattern....probably find another pattern. hahaha:blush

Lion Brand has two chenilles, Chenille Sensations (I think..) that is thinner, probably about sport weight. Chenille Thick & Quick is definitely bulky. Does the chenille used in the pattern's photo look pretty bulky or thinner? You might try a test swatch with your yarn to see how it will look. :)

Archived