Pattern problem? 1st doily.

suzidemars

Has anyone done this doily? It's my first. I'm on round 5, and it seems like the writer may have forgotten to add the skips of 2 tr on either side of the 4 tr's??? I'm doing it as written without skipping, and its sorta lopsided. If you click on the pic of it, it's bigger if you need a closer look. Any help would be great!!

http://promotions.drgnetwork.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL1907_patt.html

I'm not sure I understand your question. There are a lot of trebles in round 3, so when you do round 4, you skip a couple of them and make 4 in a row--which becomes the foundation for a column of 4tr all the way up.

But you are probably thinking of the "shell." It says 2tr, ch5, 2tr in "next chain 4 space" without mentioning skipping the trebles of the previous shell, but if you look at the picture, it's pretty clear what is required. It's a nice clear picture, although, IMO pretty ambitious for a first doily--because of each pineapple having to be finished off seperately instead of working the whole thing in rounds.

I'm sure you can do it, though, and it will be very pretty!

now you know why the european way of presenting patterns is so wonderful ... you have the actual sketch of what to do instead of words.

but I think the previous reply does answer your specific question.

meanwhile, if you ever see at a yard sale a copy of a magazine called "Magic Crochet" ... BUY IT!!!!!!! You won't regret it.

Well, I'm glad I found the picture!! I had saved it as a word file without it when I first found it , it was a free pattern of the day from Annie's attic.

Anyway I have it all figured out, I wouldn't have without the pic. Now I am just wondering if I am supposed to take the hook out when I turn for each row of the pineapples? :thinkI've been leaving it in and it looks all twisted. I know its a dumb question but I'm self taught here and muddling my way thru half blind. Sometimes I need stuff explained quite literally or I will interpret something 6 different ways!

Thanks so much for your help!!:hook

Archived