Just a few questions.

Hey all-

I have a few questions.

When putting on the black beaded eyes, the ones that look like screws with the white half circle thing....does the half circle thing go in like " (-D" or " )-D"?

and...

I am trying to make a purse and the strap I want it to be crocheted, but stiff. How can I do that?

and...

How do I make a button hole? You know, the hole that a button goes thru.

Hey all-

I am trying to make a purse and the strap I want it to be crocheted, but stiff. How can I do that?

I have used a wire in a color that blends with my yarn, and crochet it along with the yarn/nylon cord. It adds just enough stiffness without making the handles stick up by themselves/

How do I make a button hole? You know, the hole that a button goes thru.

Depends on if it's a vertical button hole or horizontal hole. Which kind are you trying to do?

When putting on the black beaded eyes, the ones that look like screws with the white half circle thing....does the half circle thing go in like " (-D" or " )-D"?

The flatter side goes against the back of the button/eye.

For the handles: Also try cotton thread crocheted along with. I use very fine fishing line. It is very inexpensive and you don't have to try to match colors.

I totally want to try the fishing line thing...I'm so sick of my handles stretching.

As for the eyes, I asked the very same question a few months ago. You put the white part on like the bowl shape is facing the eye, not upside down from it. Hope that's clear! (Clear as mud? :D)

For horizontal buttonholes, I just chain some and skip some, then crochet over the chained part on my next round or row for sturdiness. I've never done a vertical one so I can't help you there.

For a vertical buttonhole you have to use a button that is slightly larger (1/8") than the height of your pattern row and use a SC in the 'buttonhole space', continuing the pattern in the next row, treating the SC as a regular pattern stitch.

As for the eyes, I asked the very same question a few months ago. You put the white part on like the bowl shape is facing the eye, not upside down from it. Hope that's clear! (Clear as mud? :D)

You mean I have been putting my button holders on backwards ALL this time???? :eek I always wondered why they stuck out like that.

Archived