I did it! Introducing the finger cosy

I guess they have stuff for this but you can make this one yourself. It isn't that great for typing, I didn't take it off to type this. lol

Any WW yarn (you can use thinner but you will need to adjust)

G hook (so that almost everyone can use the hook)

Ch 10, sl st in first ch to join.

R1: ch 1, sc in each ch, join. 10 sc

R2-R6: same as R1, fasten off after R6

weave in ends, enjoy!

This went to just below my knuckle which held it in place nicely. If you have longer or shorter fingers just adjust the rows. If someone else has already made something like this I apologize, it was a spur of the moment thought.

I gave it a try and with the 10 chains it was big enough to slip over my finger, small enough to stay in place and I didn't even FEEL my yarn!

Oh, Ok. That makes sense. Sorry I just couldn't see it... like I said Completely Dense today.

LOL, no worries! I am dense today too, I ripped out rows 3-5 of the body, re-did, still didn't work. Ripped out 3 and 4, re-did, nuh uh. Ripped out 2 and 3, nope. Finally went back down to two once again and found the problem.

I posted something like this almost a month ago, just made out of thread instead of yarn. Here it is again!

I have had this pattern for so long I really don't remember where I got it but it is one of the most used patterns I have!

Crochet Thimble

Size 10 crochet thread, about 25 yards

Size 8 steel hook

Gauge: 8 sc= 1"; 11 sc rows= 1"

Note: Don't join rounds unless stated. Mark first st of each round.

Thimble

Rnd 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (6 sc)

Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around (12)

Rnd3: (Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around. (18)

Rnds: 4-26: Or to length best for you; sc in each st around. It's 22 rounds

for me.

Row 27: For first pull tab, sc in first 5 sts leaving last 13 sts unworked,

turn (5)

Row 28-29: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. At end of last row, fasten off.

I wear this on my index finger on my left hand since I'm right handed, and make it as long as my finger. I've worn out several of these working with thread. It seem to cut it, better it than my finger! When that happens I just turn it around to a new spot and keep on as long as it's usable then I make another. It tends to get dirty so to wash it I just put it on my finger and wash my hands, scrubbing it well. Then take off to dry. It will take the shape of your finger.

I posted something like this almost a month ago, just made out of thread instead of yarn. Here it is again!

Thanks! I'll have to make one of these kind sometime. I guess mine is for the thread impaired. lol

Thanks! I'll have to make one of these kind sometime. I guess mine is for the thread impaired. lol

Girl you are just too funny :rofl :rofl :rofl

Since I am thread impaired, I appreciate you thinking of me. :hug

:rofl: Guess I should clarify huh? Its a protection against the yarn or thread for tight crocheters. I started another thread about using a bandaid and during THAT thread I came up with this idea.

My husband uses some sort of padded cover over his toes. I wonder if something like this would be more practical -- and could be laundered over and over.

My husband uses some sort of padded cover over his toes. I wonder if something like this would be more practical -- and could be laundered over and over.

That's a great idea, just adjust the chain length for toes and the overall length. It might be a bit less irritating if you experimented with sport and fingering yarn. :)

Archived