Walker-Wheelchair Tote Bag

RecycleCindy

As promised, here's the pattern link for a regular acrylic yarn walker-wheelchair tote bag. I had posted a pattern earlier using recycled plastic bag yarn or plarn to make these tote bags. I finally got this pattern all written up too. The one shown below is crocheted using buttons and I also have the variation for one using velcro on the straps at the link above.

This was made with patriotic colors in honor of Veterans Days for some Vets. These also could be used on a baby stroller for a tote too.

post-10977-135897504295_thumb.jpg

Your tote is great!!!!:clap :clap I also belong to a quilt club and one of the ladies has a son that is in a rehab center. She has asked us to sew leg protectors for wheelchairs. They go behind the knees. I guess i will have to make a few of them. Maybe i can figure out how to make crocheted ones!:think

What a neat idea! This could come in handy for my brother. He has MS and uses a walker. This way , he could carry a drink and his phone in the bag when he goes back and forth to the living room and maybe a snack from the kitchen. It might just make him feel a bit more independent too. Usually, he has to get me or my little boy to carry things back and forth for him and you can tell that he hates it. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope I get the time to make him one for christmas.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just was checking back on this post and wanted to say thank you to everyone. I really appreciate all the comments and I hope you try out this pattern. It is a really easy pattern and rewarding to make these for others. :manyheart

Archived