What a wonderful yarn store!

The_Virginia_Hooker

I went on a 'yarn tour' around town yesterday, hitting up Michael's, Big Lots, both Dollar Trees, etc. When i went to the second Dollar Tree, i remembered a yarn store that wasn't too far from there, that i hadn't been to because of work or whatever. I drove over there, went in, and of course, there's all of this gorgeous yarn everywhere. There were plenty of knitting AND crochet books. Towards the back, there was a table wih 5 people sitting there, working on their knitting AND crochet projects, talking and having a good time. VERY friendly people, who all said hello nd introduced themselves.

One of my goals at this store was to get Quicksilver hooks and needles if they had them. So i asked about the Quicksilver needles, and the lady (also the owner) said "Here's the Quicksilver needles. Have you tried the Addi Turbo Needles?" Which i hadn't, and i said so. She said "There is a basket of scrap yarns on the table, have a seat, pick out whatever kinds you typically use and try out anything you want." That's so cool! I get to try out something before i buy it! Which is great, since, if i'm going to spend that much money, i hope it's for something i like.

So i did, and of course i put the Turbo and the Quicksilver needles in my shopping pile on the table. I asked the lady about crochet hooks, knowing what the answer usually is in LYS and expecting that answer, but she said "I do not have many crochet hooks yet. I personally only started crocheting not that long ago, so right now, i ask others what kind of hooks THEY would like to see here, since i don't much about them yet. I have ordered the Quicksilver and Brittany hooks, i just haven't gotten them in yet." She pointed to a blank area on the wall next to the knitting needles and said "That will be where the hooks will be displayed once i get more racks to hang them on. What kind of hooks do you like? What kind do you think others might use?" I mentioned the Clover, Susan Bates Silvalume, and Boye hook. She had a piece of paper and wrote that stuff down! She said "I want to eventually have a yarn store for knitting and crochet, but i have a lot to learn about crochet, and that part might take awhile."

:eek

A yarn store that will cater to both. Aaaaah:) .

I went ahead and paid for my needles, and got a business card. Apparently every Saturday, ALL day they have their 'yarn circle'. Bring your project in, work on it, get a cup of coffee (yes, there was coffee!), chat. I'm thinking that i'll be hanging out there a lot on Saturdays.:hook

There is a great yarn store similar to that in the Phoenix area. It is called Yarn~n~More. The owners, Jackie and Richard are great people and they carry a ton of yarn in so many colors your head will spin. There are tables and now a tv with cable so you can sit back and knit or crochet till the cows come home (or the store closes for the day)LOL. They offer classes of all kinds and if there is something you cant find there just ask and if they can get it for you they will. You can bring your spouce and let him watch TV while you shop.

If you are ever in the area look them up. You won't be dissappointed.

There is a great yarn store similar to that in the Phoenix area. It is called Yarn~n~More. The owners, Jackie and Richard are great people and they carry a ton of yarn in so many colors your head will spin. There are tables and now a tv with cable so you can sit back and knit or crochet till the cows come home (or the store closes for the day)LOL. They offer classes of all kinds and if there is something you cant find there just ask and if they can get it for you they will. You can bring your spouce and let him watch TV while you shop.

If you are ever in the area look them up. You won't be dissappointed.

Hey! They got the TV?! YAY! :lol I feel so bad I havent been there lately... I've been working long long hours. Stupid work.

Archived